Monday, October 11, 2010

I Won a Spot at the Cooking School!!!!

Congratulations, Nicole!

You’ve been selected to attend the St. Petersburg Times’ Wishbone U. class at Apron’s Cooking School! We heard from lots of needy cooks (or their relatives) but your note stood out. I hope you are still ready to tackle the Thanksgiving feast.

Here are the particulars:

The class is 3 to about 6 p.m. this Sunday, Oct. 17, at Apron’s Cooking School at Publix Supermarket, 7835 Gunn Highway, Tampa. Chef Rich Norris will lead the class, which will include instruction on how to roast a turkey. I guarantee you’ll wow your guests this year. Or at least earn a better reputation.

Here’s what you need to do: E-mail me by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 12, to let me know if you accept our invitation. Arrive at the cooking school (it’s upstairs at that Publix) by about 2:45 p.m. Bring an apron, too. Things tend to get messy.

That’s really about all there is to it. I’ll be there, along with a Times photographer. We’ve had a blast every year and I expect this one to be no different. The best part is we’ll be sampling the dishes when the cooking is done.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you at Wishbone U.! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to call. My work number is below but if you should have any concerns after Friday, please call my cell phone at.

Janet K. Keeler
Times Food and Travel Editor




I'm soooo excited!! My sweet friend, Carrie, made me this apron a few years ago and I think it is just perfect for my Thanksgiving schooling!!  I really can't wait...I'm beside myself!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you...well, excited to hear all about it anyway!! Can't wait for the pictures and post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting in the cooking school. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading all about your experience.

    ReplyDelete